JOB TITLE : Business Development Project Manager
LOCATION : Swindon (Hybrid working)
Zero Global has partnered with CCm Technologies, an environmental technology company based in Swindon. Founded in 2011, CCm has developed from a research company to a commercial organisation, with initial sales to several large multinational customers. The CCm vision is the realisation of a circular economy for its customers, globally.
CCm's world leading technology utilises captured CO2 and other waste materials converting them into value-added products with multiple uses across the global priority sectors of food/agriculture, advanced materials, water utilities & energy storage.
CCm is currently involved in the design and deployment of pilot/demonstration and full-scale plants at a number of customer sites. The patented process is based on high primary capture efficiencies from novel cellulose/amine capture material which retain 95% of flue sourced CO2. Other applications for the technology include heat storage and power generation.
CCm has developed a supportive, responsive and hard-working culture where all employees are valued and work together as a team for the shared success of the Company. CCm is committed to training and developing its employees so that individual growth can match the growth of the Company.
CCm is seeking a proactive and driven Business Development Project Manager to support and build CCm internal and external business development activities, accelerating CCm's business growth.
As a Business Development Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing existing product and service development projects with internal and external stakeholders. Internal projects will include development of BD structure, Sales Pipelines, Intellectual Property Models and systems integration. The role will also require a confident and clear communicator to update on market research activities.
The role holder will be expected to:
- Lead Project Management activities for current and new research funded projects and internal product and process development projects.
- Support Bid writing activities for new research projects and project planning applications
- Carry out in depth competitor analysis and market research, providing clear reporting updates for senior managers to inform the development of company strategy.
- Work with CCm’s external patent agent to update and manage the growing Intellectual Property register at CCm.
- Provide monthly progress reports BD Team (HOP & CEO) on customers, market research and intellectual property to Executive Committee and CCm board of directors.
- Management of CCm’s customer pipeline to ensure customers and partners progress in line with CCm growth forecasts.
- Project management of existing product development projects with agricultural stakeholders
- Support the preparation and submission of new project funding proposals.
- Support commercial reporting requirements for existing CCm projects.
The Job Title’s main responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of internal and external product/process development projects including organising project update meetings with internal teams, carrying out update reporting, implementing project actions with internal teams and external stakeholder with support of CCm project team.
- Day to day monitoring and reporting of competitor analysis, regulatory announcements and market trends. Research will include desk based but also in field and external customer meetings, to be managed proactively.
- Daily monitoring of incoming patent updates to ensure CCm IP register is up to date with appropriate documentation to support.
- Weekly management of customer pipeline and customer folders to ensure progress and outstanding actions are achieved against CCm quality standards (ISO9001).
- Monthly Intellectual Property reporting to senior managers to summarise changes taken place that month.
- Support the Head of Partnerships and work across multi skilled teams at CCm on a regular basis to ensure customer technology proposals are completed on schedule and with improved accuracy.
- Support on a dayto-day basis the management of stakeholder relationships across customers, regulators, suppliers future partners, carbon verifiers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Economics, Marketing, or a related field
- 2+ years of proven experience as BD administrator, project manager or bid writer
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong ability to manage tasks and plan for future workstreams
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and reporting capabilities
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
- A full UK driver’s license.
- Experience using MS Project
- Experience of the Anaerobic Digestion sector and or food production systems
- Experience with government R&D funded projects (InnovateUK, BEIS/DESNZ)
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in sustainable technology and/or environmental industries
- Familiarity with Chat GPT/Open AI
- Experience with Intellectual Property management
- Experience in project management (Agile/Prince2)
- Experience within domestic and global fertiliser markets