DEPARTMENT : HR
LOCATION : Swindon (National travel required)
Zero Global have partnered with CCm Technologies, an environmental technology company based in Swindon. Founded in 2011, CCm has developed from a research company to a commercial organisation, with initial sales to several large multinational customers. The CCm vision is the realisation of a low carbon circular economy for its customers, globally.
CCm's world leading technology utilises captured CO2 and other waste materials converting them into value-added products with multiple uses across the global priority sectors of food/agriculture, advanced materials, water utilities & energy storage.
CCm is currently involved in the design and deployment of pilot/demonstration and full-scale plants at a number of customer sites. The patented process is based on high primary capture efficiencies from novel cellulose/amine capture material which retain 95% of flue sourced CO2. Other applications for the technology include heat storage and power generation.
CCm has developed a supportive, responsive and hard-working culture where all employees are valued and work together as a team for the shared success of the Company. CCm is committed to training and developing its employees so that individual growth can match the growth of the Company.
Office Manager - Role Summary
This role ensures the smooth and efficient running of the business from CCm’s office in Swindon. The role holder will be multidisciplined, managing a broad range of responsibilities including but not limited to general office management, building control, document control, IT and health and safety.
The role-holder will immediately become the person in the office on which all staff depend, taking excellent care of all the important tasks that don’t sit perfectly in other teams and demonstrating pride in their personal effectiveness and organisation of the office environment.
This role is based in the Swindon where a physical presence in the office is anticipated to be required five days a week for the majority of the responsibilities attached to this position. Role responsibilities may reach across all CCm sites as the business grows.
The Office Manager’s main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Check in and check out of visitors (H&S)
- Accident reporting (H&S)
- Alarm system management and fire alarm testing
- Co-ordinate yearly PAT testing
- Main contact with CCm IT consultant
- Managing IT process for new starters (and leavers)
- Dealing with all hardware requirements and software requirements through CCm’s IT consultant
- Point of contact for internet supply
- Manage and control all IT licenses with CCm’s IT consultant
- Manage account set up for software licenses i.e. Adobe, Who’s Off, Docusign etc
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating
- CCm stationary templates including but not limited to virtual letter heads, CCm standard presentations, and internal policy documents, for use internally and externally (may differ)
- the NDA Database
- the Contracts Data room
- Organising CCm staff meetings, minute taking and actions
- Assisting staff with organising travel arrangements
- Mobile Phones co-ordination and management
- Company car and van management
- Order Uniform
- Order PPE clothing for new starters (and return of for leavers)
- Ad hoc support to the CEO and CTO as required.
- Own the company main phone line
- Own the company email inbox
- Take management of the following:-
- Keys and security fobs
- Tea, coffee, milk and other consumables
- Any ad hoc building issues that need attention
- Co-ordinate and manage any non technical building alterations, i.e. the unit 9&10 merger project
Company Professional Standards
You will have the unconditional Right to Work in the UK.
You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of others around you. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn when required.
You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the, H&S Policy and any financial/accounting systems.
The Company reserves the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work at any time and to review and revise the role profile as and when necessary.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years experience managing a medium size office;
- Experience working in an engineering/manufacturing/industrial type setting;
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook;
- Demonstrable experience in a wide range of office management and administrative responsibilities;
- Outstanding personal organisation and time keeping;
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision;
- A Health and Safety conscious mindset;
- Excellent communication skills and relationship development.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A full UK driver’s licence;
- Willingness to travel;
- Experience working with a start-up company that grew (to 50+ people);