Our partner designs and manufactures efficient AC and EC motors, motorised impellers and fans for the residential and commercial HVAC manufacturing.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you are a Manufacturing Engineer with personal responsibility for the specification, design, implementation and improvement of new and existing plant, process equipment and tooling.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality Engineers, Maintenance Engineers to identify and prioritise the modification or refurbishment of production equipment and tooling.
- Utilise your knowledge and experience to design poke-yoke equipment and tooling to reduce defect risks.
- Work collaboratively with Tool makers, engineers, to realise designs, design new tooling, procure materials, and define timescales for new and existing tooling/machinery improvement projects
- Take ownership of the tooling/machinery register and ensure that tooling and machinery is maintained to the required standards and stored in the locations as per the system.
- Provide practical manufacturing engineering support and knowledge to the company’s preventative maintenance program ensuring that the continuity of production is maintained as a priority and that production equipment and tooling in need of refurbishment is promptly addressed.
- Design new systems, equipment, and processes for the introduction of new products as well as improving the existing processes within the business to eliminate defects within required timeframes.
- Work collaboratively with the engineers within the business to ensure all product and system requirements are considered and accounted for from the initial product conception to the finished productionised product.
- Investigate and install new equipment that is fit for purpose in conjunction with the respective production and engineering teams
- liaise with suppliers as and when required
- Identify faults, investigate production problems, and repair equipment quickly and efficiently
- Improve current operations wherever possible in conjunction with production management
- Organise plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time with minimal impact of effectiveness
- Keep statistical records as required on performance, maintenance breakdowns
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
- Generate capital expenditure requirements as and when required for new product introduction as well as replacement of equipment and tooling.
- Actively drive Continuous improvement at the designated site in terms of quality and process stability.
Skills and Experience.
- Experience of designing and problem-solving equipment/ tooling in a electrical/mechanical assembly environment.
- Practical experience of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment design and build projects.
- Demonstrated capability of Tool room equipment and its use – advantageous
- High level capability to design tooling and fixtures.
- Experience in NPI
- Experience and knowledge of basic press tool design.
- Recognised qualification in mechanical or manufacturing engineering (BSc. HND/HNC).
- Organised, self-motivated and safety conscious.
- Root cause, PFMEA experience
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office literate.
- Able to manage projects.
- Hands on tooling engineering.
- Continuous improvement experience
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. Zero Global is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you have not heard back after 2 weeks from your application, unfortunately you have not been successful in making the next stage of our recruitment process.