The company are running several projects in partnership with universities worth over £1 Million!!!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Independent self-starter who can develop new technology areas that leverage existing capabilities and expertise, including CO2 adsorption for concrete production.
- Contribute to the IPR for CO2 adsorption technologies.
- Contribute to the funded grant project proposals – e.g. Innovate UK, European Innovation Council, UKRI, Horizon Europe.
- Plan, procure and manage the chemical laboratory in line with regulations.
- 3 years’ post PhD experience leading independent research, ability to design and conduct research addressing fundamental scientific questions
- Understanding of laboratory setup, HSE requirements, experience in equipment specification development and procurement
- Knowledge of synthesis, formulation and characterisation of organic and inorganic materials including polymers, and solid adsorbents (IR, UV, Particle histogram via SEM and TEM…)
- R&D experience in the fields of adsorption, adsorbent design, separation technologies, catalyst, materials characterisation and/or carbon capture.
- Experience in solid gas adsorption and adsorbent design, sorbent development for gas stripping and capture (CO2 or H2S), Surface area analysis via gas adsorption (BET), physical and chemical adsorption or thermal analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of catalyst/materials characterization and/or testing techniques.
- Experience in developing proposals/bids writing.
- PhD in chemistry or related field.
- 3 years of post PhD experience in applied research or in an industrial setting.
- A unique opportunity to work with top universities in the UK
- An exciting opportunity to work with Multibillion Concrete companies
- A competitive flexible annual holiday entitlement.
- A pension scheme
- A competitive bonus upon achieving milestones
- A flexible working hours
- A mix of approximately 70% remote and 30% lab work.
- Unrivalled career progression pathway.
- An interesting company social calendar